Ecommerce in India is set to cross the 100 Billion US$ mark in 2020. Close to 329.1 million people are projected to buy goods and services online in India by 2020. This means that about 70.7 percent of internet users in India will have purchased products online by then. This growing trend has led to a surge in consumer demand both domestically and internationally. OTIUN a start-up incorporated based out of Bengaluru plans to address this growing need through a global dropshipping platform. OTIUN is primarily focussing on creating a market for global products by amplifying cross border trade between India and South Korea/China/Japan.
In simpler terms, this is how OTIUN’s drop shipping model works:
- The customer places an order for a product on the online store.
- Order and Customer details are automatically updated on OTIUN.
- OTIUN packages and delivers it to customers directly.
OTIUN’s dropshipping platform is powered by futuristic technology and is aiming to bring together the global network of product manufacturers and sellers together by offering convenience and simplifying their selling cycle. Mr. Khare Joe who is a merchandising director for OTIUN says “Earlier manufacturers/sellers had to go through this long process of visiting wholesale market to purchase products, hiring a safe warehouse to store them, do a photoshoot of products, developing marketing collateral, registering in local markets, uploading of products, selling and shipping of products. Now, with OTIUN they can simply obtain their membership, upload products and sell, rest is taken care of. “
As a reader, If you are a manufacturer or a seller here is how you can benefit by joining OTIUN’s dropshipping platform.
- Increase your cash flow: Since you don’t stock the product, you don’t pay for it until a customer buys it
- Scale your business at ease: experiment with products and expand quickly without bearing the burden or risk of holding stock
- Low starting cost: You can start selling without a lot of early investment
- Enable expansion into new markets: Sometimes getting product across international borders can be costly and challenging with OTIUN you can overcome this hurdle
- Reduce costs: often when the product is sold globally in the supply chain, there is a cost associated. Ocean freight services, Port Operations, LTL and FTL Services, and warehouse employees all get added into the Cost of Goods Sold.